Job tittle: PHARMACY LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
Summary of job description:
- Plan, prepare chemicals and equipment for staff and student's use
- Order and maintain stock and resources
- Carry out the job role with technical know-how
- Assist in conducting and supporting scientific investigations and compounding of phamarcuetical products
- Demonstrate relevate procedures whenever required
- Keep up-to-date with relevant scientific and technical developments and best practices
- Document all activities and maintain all the inventory
- Participate in administrative services dedicated to supervising examinations and compounding, as required from time to time
- Assist in organising and also attend public lectures
- Take part in University events, for instance, University Exhibitions, Graduation and other community outreaches;
- Be a part of associations in the University
- Assist in maintaining, calibrating, cleaning and testing sterility of the equipment
- Ensure that the laboratory equipment and environment are clean, neat and tidy at all times.
- Carry out any other duties assigned to you by your immediate supervisor and, or the Dean, IAHS.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognised insititution.
You must be registered with the Allied Health Professionals Council (AHPC)/Pharmacuetical Society of Uganda.
Core qualification required: Diploma in Pharmacy.
Experience working in an academic area and/or research area; with sound practical experience and/or service delivery in the area of Pharmacy.
The ability to manage a Pharmacy Skills Laboratory.
A description of your area of expertise that would provide the basis for working in a Pharmacy Skills Laboratory.
Prior Pharmacy Laboratory experience is highly desirable.
Experience: At least two (02) years as Phamarcy Technician in the Laboratory and, or service delivery (e.g., Pharmacy, Hospital or Pharmacuetical Manufacuturing plant).
Submit: i.e Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and two (02) referees, signed Cover letter, copies of Academic papers, to: The Human Resources, International Health Sciences University (IHSU).
Deadline for Submission: Monday, 5th February 2018 at 17:00hrs