Summary of Job Description
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for maintaining the University computer network, all ICT systems, and their detailed documentation as well as undertaking general tasks which will promote the use of such ICT infrastructure across the university. The University wide operating system of choice is LINUX.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer network workstations, utilizing one or more TCP/IP or non-TCP/IP networking protocols and/or one or more UNIX-based or non-UNIX based operating systems.
- Perform any such computer network cabling and/or hardware installation as may be required from time to time in line with the growth needs of the University.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and support critical network services.
- Plan and implement network security, including building firewalls, applying cryptography to network applications, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and user account management.
- Develop and conduct training and instruction for system users on LINUX operating system; assist users in maximizing use of network and computing systems.
- Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
- Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures.
- Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards.
- Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
- Perform systems administration duties on databases, content, application and other servers including installing, debugging, maintaining, upgrading and general system support.
- Develop, implement, test and maintain server level disaster recovery plans.
- Install and maintain software, systems logs.
- Proactively monitor all servers, applications and services using a combination of tools to ensure high availability.
- Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all system maintenance processes and procedures, network problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Perform Super administration of Google Apps for Education Suite at IHSU.
- Liaise and schedule with suppliers for the service and repair of equipment under warranty or maintenance contract.
- Perform any other related duties and special projects as assigned by the ICT Manager.
- A Masters Degree in Information Technology or a related field from a recognised University; and CCNA.
- At least three (03) years experience in Computer Networking.
- S/he should be a team player, self motivated, able to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Must have Advanced Computer Networking Skills.
- Should have a track record-of high integrity.
Addressed to: Human Resources, International Health Sciences University (IHSU).
Subject: Application for Systems Administration Position.
Your application should include; your resume, (02) referees, a cover letter and copies of academic papers.
Deadline for submission: Friday, 21 - April - 2017 at 5:00PM