Higher Education Certificate Programme in Health Sciences.
Foundation programme for admission into degree/diploma programs in health sciences at international health sciences university
- This programme targets foreign students without A’ Level qualifications/ equivalent BUT would otherwise qualify for admissions into undergraduate programs in their countries but do not qualify for admission under the Uganda criteria.
- Ugandan students who have sat for the Uganda Advanced Certificate Examinations in sciences but only obtained one principle pass in a relevant subjects and would like to be admitted for a degree program in health sciences..
UACE holders with subject combination in sciences who got only subsidiary passes at A level and would like to be admitted for diploma programs in health sciences.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- International qualifications that would otherwise qualify a candidate in his/her country for undergraduate University programs
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education with at least two subsidiary passes or its equivalent. At least one of the subsidiary pass shall be from a principal subject.
- Holders of UACE with at least one principal pass shall be deemed to meet the admission requirements.
- A certificate in Nursing/ Midwifery; Certificate in laboratory science; certificate in pharmacy from a recognized institute and registered with a professional body
- Qualifications equivalent to Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) as shall be determined by the National Council in consultation with the Uganda National Examinations Board