The Postgraduate Diploma in Health Technology Innovation Management is a premier program that targets the health sector deliberately to introduce technology innovation management. The modules have been purposefully selected to offer the students a unique experience. The ultimate goal of the program is to equip students working in the health sector or who have an interest in
the same, to be able to acquire skills that enable them to be technology champions within their institutions.
This program targets primarily persons who are working within the health sector in a middle level leadership position. The person ought to have an interest in having technology integrated within their healthcare service delivery. The person does not have to be working directly in the health institution, but could be affiliated with the health sector, for example, working with NGO’s that support the health sector. The second category, are the persons working in the technology sector that are keen to understand how the health sector operates. The program seeks to bring together a number of professions that operate within the health sector to ensure effective and efficient service delivery, as well as breaking down functional silos.
The objectives of the program are to:-
- Build health leadership capacity to champion the appropriate integration and use of technology
- To increase understanding amongst health professionals of the profound changes that are occurring in the delivery of health services because of advances in technology
- Enhance the uptake and effective deployment of appropriate technology in healthcare.
- Leadership Development
- Health Systems
- Introduction to Health Technology & Ethics
- Frameworks in Health Innovation
- Project Management
- Healthcare Informatics
- Business Principles in Healthcare
- Strategy and Change Management
- Health Care Marketing
- Case-Study Project
To be admitted for PG Dip in Health Technology Innovation Management, the applicant must fulfill the conditions below. The Program is open to Ugandans and International students who fulfill admission requirements.
- First degree (Honors) in any field related to Health care (Medicine, Pharmacy, Statistics, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Nursing, Business Administration, and Public Health) among others.
- Working experience of a minimum two years in the health sector or related sector.