Honors and Recognition
- Jonas Scholar for Nursing Excellence , Yale University, New Haven CT.
- Rose Clarke Nanyonga Scholarship Fund (Yale School of Nursing).
- Recipient of the 2011-2012 UNAA Outstanding Achievement Award for upcoming Ugandans who are making a difference in recognition of her work as an Anti-Child Sacrifice Advocate and Ambassador for the Poor.
- National Collegiate Nursing Award Winner, Arkansas Tech University
- Academic all American Scholar, Arkansas Tech University
Public Health Interests
Global Health; Management of Chronic Illnesses
Dr. Nanyonga is interested in research that explores issues related to: Health Systems Strengthening in low-to-middle income countries; Global Health; Implementation Science Research; Management of Chronic Illnesses; and Health care Leadership & Policy. Her PhD work looked at: Leadership, Followership and the Context; an Integrative Examination of Nursing Leadership in Uganda.
Reynolds, N.R. Martin, F., Nanyonga, R., Alonzo, A., (2012). Self-Regulation Theory: Review and Analysis. In V. Rice (ed). Handbook of Stress, Coping, and Health, 2nd ed. Thousand Oaks: Sage.